4.24.2009

The Misadventures of Laney

I could write a book of all of Laney's mishaps. They range from minor ( walking and falling down) to serious ( poking her eye out with a hanger). Today she decided to stick a jelly bean up her nose. We were in the car on the way home from WalMart and she said Mommy I'm bleeding. I thought she was just pretending. She was holding her nose and green stuff was oozing out of it. I said Laney did you just stick a jelly bean up your nose, and she started crying. So I tried to push it out which didn't work, I tried to get her to blow it out, and I tried to pull it out with tweezers which just shoved it further up. I called Ryan and you know what his solution was. To use his drill bit to pull it out. Are you kidding me!?!?! So I took her to the doctor and he told me I had to get it out. So he told me to push the side of her nose the jelly bean wasn't stuck in and to open her mouth and blow in it as hard as I could and I did all this and the jelly bean popped right out. It was crazy. I think that is such good advice. They should write this in all the parenting books and magazines. So if this ever happens to you, save yourself a doctor visit and try this method first!!

1 comment:

BrittanyW said...

That is a good tip! I will have to remember that. Luckily my kids have not tried that one yet.